At the Good Samaritan Hospital emergency room, every patient receives immediate attention from a triage nurse. Patients with the most urgent or critical needs receive first priority, but our standard for every patient is to assess need promptly, without sacrificing quality of care.
To help make your experience in our ER the best it can be, we have access to an on-site pharmacy, lab services, blood bank and diagnostic imaging services. We are fully equipped to handle your medical and emergency needs with caring and qualified hands.
Location and contact information
The emergency room at Good Samaritan Hospital is located at:
2425 Samaritan Drive
San Jose, CA 95124
For more information, you can reach us at (408) 559-2011. You can also contact a nurse, available 24/7, at (888) 724-2362.
Pediatric emergency care
We know that children and their parents can be especially nervous and anxious when in the ER. That is why we have an onsite neonatal intensive care unit, inpatient pediatric care, pediatric intensive care unit and children’s surgery center. Our emergency room employs nurses who are certified in pediatric advanced life support and specially trained to care for children.
Air support transportation
We are served by CalSTAR air ambulance for transfers from six county region and provide a county-designated STEMI receiving center, which qualifies us to treat STEMI heart attacks quickly. Our neuroscience team and unique neuro-interventional radiology team tend to stroke and other cerebro-vascular patients transported by air from surrounding counties and by local EMS.
Our Urgent Care Clinics
Your time is valuable — that’s why we are affiliated with CareNow® Urgent Care. These convenient urgent care
centers provide a wide range of medical services with the convenience of extended hours,
walk-in visits, and online Web-Check In® so you can wait from home.
CareNow® is committed to providing patients with better, quality care at an affordable cost. Our clinics are open seven days a week and stay open late to provide you with care when you need it most.
ER and Urgent Care
Urgent care locations or walk-in clinics typically treat minor illnesses like the flu or strep throat, which makes CareNow® urgent care locations ideal for treating 24-hour bugs and minor illnesses if you are unable to see your primary care doctor.
Although urgent care centers are equipped to quickly diagnose and treat a variety of minor illnesses and injuries, if you are experiencing a life-threatening medical emergency call 911 immediately.
- Suspected heart attack or stroke
- Trouble breathing, severe allergic reactions
- Deep wounds with heavy bleeding
- Broken bones
- Severe burns
- Head injuries, concussions
- Severe headaches, dizziness, confusion, seizures
- High fever, uncontrolled nausea or diarrhea, dehydration
- Coughing or throwing up blood, blood in stool
- Suspected poisoning or drug/alcohol overdose
- After-hour care for minor injuries and illnesses
- Cold, flu, earaches, sore throat, fever
- Sprains, strains, simple bone and joint injuries
- Cuts and scrapes that may need stitches
- Bites, stings, poison ivy, hives or rashes
- UTIs & STIs
- Sports physicals and other tests
More than just an Urgent Care Center
The family friendly healthcare providers at CareNow® treat and evaluate a wide variety of conditions, perform physicals and offer tests for many common illnesses.
CareNow® also provides quick on-site testing and immunizations like flu shots and X-rays.
Some common reasons to visit CareNow® include:
- On-site lab diagnosis and treatment for flu, strep, mono) and more
- X-ray services for minor physical injuries
- Flu shots
- Sports physicals (Participation Physical Examination) often required for students to participate in school sports
- Occupational Medicine
- Seasonal Allergies
- Various vaccinations (often required for students or in order to travel)
- UTI treatment, STD testing and various drug screenings
CareNow® is also connected to other providers, specialists and hospitals in your community. If your health concern needs additional treatment, we can quickly refer you to one of our many affiliated specialists near you.
Our patients can be confident that when they walk into CareNow® they will receive convenient, high-quality care that is backed by the nation’s most patient-centered health system: HCA.