Become A Volunteer
Good Samaritan Hospital is currently seeking friendly volunteers to serve at Good Samaritan Hospital and our Mission Oaks campus. Our goal is to enhance the patient experience by offering kind, compassionate, non-clinical assistance to our patients and their loved ones. Whether you are going into healthcare and want some experience inside a hospital, or simply have time and would like to give back to the community, you will find volunteering at Good Sam to be a very rewarding experience.
The first step is to attend an information meeting.
You will learn everything you need to know about the process, as well as a review of the current volunteer opportunities. Requirements if accepted:
- Health clearance: TB testing; proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella (vaccines or titers); a tdap vaccine (Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis) within the past ten years; and annual flu shot (seasonal).
- 3-hour basic training/orientation
- Criminal background check
- A commitment of one year of service is required; however, you are welcome to stay longer. Typically, volunteers are assigned to and serve a weekly shift of 2-4 hours.
- Most volunteers join The Auxiliary of Good Samaritan Hospital and pay $15 annual dues.
We have a NICU baby cuddling program; however, there is currently a waitlist of approximately one year. Many become volunteers in other areas while on the waitlist to be a cuddler.
We do not currently have a shadowing program.
Observation hours for PT/OT/Speech Therapy licensing or program
High School Student Program
Our high school program is currently full and we are not accepting applications. Please check www.goodsamsanjose.com in the spring for more information.
Adult (18+ yrs) Volunteer Information Meetings
(Note: High school students will be turned away from adult meetings.)
|Friday||January 24, 2020||12:00 – 1:00 PM||Trailer Conference Room 1|
|Monday||February 3, 2020||5:00 – 6:00 PM||Trailer Conference Room 1|
|Friday||February 21, 2020||12:00 – 1:00 PM||Trailer Conference Room 1|
|Monday||March 9, 2020||5:00 – 6:00 PM||Trailer Conference Room 1|
|Friday||March 20, 2020||12:00 – 1:00 PM||Trailer Conference Room 1|
No need to bring anything with you or RSVP.
Trailer Conference Rooms 1&2 are located in the portable building behind the hospital, near the chapel. Please the volunteer office (408) 559-2345 with any questions. Thank you very much.