Good Samaritan Hospital is currently seeking friendly volunteers to serve at Good Samaritan Hospital and our Mission Oaks campus. Our goal is to enhance the patient experience by offering kind, compassionate, non-clinical assistance to staff, patients and visitors. It is a rewarding experience if you plan a career in healthcare, or simply have time and would like to give back to the community.
Steps to becoming a volunteer:
You must be at least 15 years of age and able to commit to at least one year of service; however, you are welcome to stay longer. Typically, volunteers are assigned to and serve a weekly 2-4 hour shift. Some volunteer in multiple services.
You must be vaccinated for COVID-19 and wear a mask (provided) while inside hospital.
- Apply by submitting completed application below
- Interview – Once application is reviewed, you’ll be contacted within two weeks. Interviews will take place in person, or by phone or WebEx.
- Attend Basic Training/Orientation – if accepted, you’ll attend a 2-hour orientation, including volunteer dos/don’ts, safety and compliance, as well as info on next steps
- Criminal background check will be run after you are accepted and attend basic training
- Health Clearance – provide proof of following (after being accepted):
- COVID-19 vaccine/ booster
- Annual flu shot
- Immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella and Varicella
- Tdap vaccine (Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis) within the past ten years
- TB test within past 6 months and annually once accepted
Once you’re fully cleared to start volunteering, you’ll be trained in your specific service area.
Volunteer Application Form
All fields with an asterisk (*) are required.
The form was submitted successfully.