Become A Volunteer
Note: We are not currently accepting applications due to the COVID-19 pandemic.Please check back for updates.
Our goal is to enhance the patient experience by offering kind, compassionate, non-clinical assistance to our patients and their loved ones. Whether you are going into healthcare and want some experience inside a hospital, or simply have time and would like to give back to the community, you will find volunteering at Good Sam to be a very rewarding experience.
When possible, we will publish a calendar of BECOME A VOLUNTEER information meetings. You will learn everything you need to know about the process, as well as a review of the current volunteer opportunities. Requirements if accepted:
- Health clearance: TB testing; proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella (vaccines or titers); a tdap vaccine (Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis) within the past ten years; and annual flu shot (seasonal).
- In-person, 3-hour basic training/orientation
- Criminal background check
- A commitment of one year of service is required; however, you are welcome to stay longer. Typically, volunteers are assigned to and serve a weekly shift of 2-4 hours.
- Most volunteers join The Auxiliary of Good Samaritan Hospital and pay $15 annual dues.
We have a NICU baby cuddling program; however, there is currently a waitlist of approximately one year. Many become volunteers in other areas while on the waitlist to be a cuddler.
High School Student Program
The next opportunity to apply will be Spring 2021 to start volunteering Summer 2021
(NEW: Must be at least 15 years old (previously 14 years old)