The Auxiliary of Good Samaritan Hospital is a team of volunteers who help support and enhance the quality of care provided at Good Samaritan and Mission Oaks Hospitals.
As a charitable, non-profit organization, The Auxiliary’s mission is to provide voluntary service and support to the Good Samaritan Hospital community. We are committed to providing comfort to the whole person – mind, body, and spirit.
- Provide voluntary service and support to the Good Samaritan Hospital community
- ACCESS program provides support for families of critically ill infants in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit by providing emergency overnight accommodations, gas cards, and healthy snacks for the babies’ parents
- Provide complimentary amenities to make patients’ stays more comfortable, including reading glasses, quiet kits, arts and crafts for children, playing cards and reading materials.
- Offer yearly scholarships to high school student volunteers who are preparing for a career in medicine
- Discharge with Dignity program provides weather-appropriate clothing to anyone in need before leaving the hospital.
- At-home infant CPR kits are provided to parents of premature or critically ill infants so they can be prepared to provide emergency care for their baby.
- Toy cart in the Emergency Department and Pediatrics gives kids in the hospital and their siblings toys and games to occupy them while bedridden or waiting.
- Volunteers in Patient Services offer a calming and friendly presence while accompanying patients who are leaving the hospital.
- Mother/Baby volunteers visit with new moms and offer amenities and conversation to make their stay more comfortable.