Support ACCESS with a gift of caring for families in need.
Your tax-deductible gift helps families overcome the barriers of distance from the hospital and limited financial resources by providing food, gas, lodging,childcare supplies, educational materials and CPR training. Your name or organization will be added to our donor boards, located throughout the hospital, for an annual donation of $500 or more.
Send a check or credit card (Master Card or Visa) information to:
2425 Samaritan Dr, San Jose, CA 95124
Or donate on our website!
- $50 pays for a loaner cell phone for one month.
- $200 supplies one week of food for families.
- $1500 pays for a month’s supply of gas vouchers for families in need.
Supporting families dealing with the critical illness and hospitalization of their loved ones at Good Samaritan Hospital, as well as improving car seat safety in the community.
We understand that hospitalization and follow-up treatment can be frightening and stressful for patients and their families. ACCESS provides families with resources and stability, allowing them to focus on helping their loved one become healthy. ACCESS is a program of the Auxiliary of Good Samaritan Hospital. The Auxiliary makes the lives of patients and family members better through volunteer service.
- Car seat fitting inspections open to the community: our technicians help teach families how to correctly use and install car seats.
- Transportation to and from the hospital for GSH families & oncology outpatients.
- Food in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Parent Room and Oncology Family Lounge.
- 1 Hour of child care per hospital visit.
- Week-long stays in our on-campus RV.
- Families struggling fi nancially may also receive vouchers for gas, meals and emergency overnight hotel stays.
Thanks to our generous donors and dedicated volunteers, ACCESS serves families in the following ways: Over 800 families help themselves to food in the NICU Parent Room and Oncology Family Lounge each year. ACCESS volunteers drive an average of 4,000 miles per year, bringing families to visit their loved ones and driving cancer survivors to outpatient radiation and chemotherapy appointments. Each year, families needing to stay close to the hospital spend over 250 nights in our on-campus RV. ACCESS car seat technicians check over 300 car seats per year, protecting babies and children in our community. ACCESS provides an average of $1,500 in gas vouchers per month to families in need, allowing them to visit their hospitalized loved ones.
Become an ACCESS Volunteer! There are many ways to help. Call (408) 559-2395 or visit our website at goodsamaccess.org/ACCESS