Urgent care clinics in San Jose, California
When you need fast medical attention but don't require a trip to the ER, our CareNow® Urgent Care clinics are here for you. These clinics are located throughout San Jose and are open daily. We are always ready to treat a wide range of minor illness and injuries, from cuts and scrapes to sore throats.
CareNow® is available for walk-in visits. We are also connected to other medical providers in the community, allowing us to quickly refer you to a specialist if needed.
You can use our Web-Check In® tool to plan your visit to one of our CareNow® locations in north San Jose, Los Gatos or Milpitas, California.
Urgent care services
Our urgent care centers offer access to care when you require fast treatment, whether it is after normal business hours or if you are unable to schedule a timely appointment with your primary care provider. In addition to quick care for minor injuries and illnesses, our clinics provide additional services, such as sports physicals, X-ray imaging, vaccinations and on-site laboratory testing.
Our patients can be confident that when they walk into one of our CareNow® locations they will receive convenient, high-quality care that is backed by the nation’s most patient-centered health system: HCA Healthcare.
Deciding between the ER and urgent care
If you aren't sure if you should visit our ER or CareNow®, you can see below for a helpful guide. However, if you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, call 911 immediately.
When to visit the ER:
Sometimes, it is hard to know what type of care you need. You might wonder if you need to go to the ER right away or if your treatment can wait for your doctors' office to open.
When you experience any of the following, we recommend going to your closest ER:
- Blood in stool
- Broken bones
- Coughing or throwing up blood
- Deep wounds with heavy bleeding
- Diarrhea that can lead to dehydration
- Dizziness and/or confusion
- Head injuries, including concussions
- High fever
- Severe allergic reactions
- Severe burns
- Severe headache
- Suspected poisoning or drug or alcohol overdose
- Suspected heart attack or stroke
- Trouble breathing
- Uncontrolled nausea
When to visit urgent care:
Our CareNow® Urgent Care clinics are available when you need access to medical attention but not a trip to the ER. These clinics provide care for conditions such as:
- Bites, stings, poison ivy, hives and rashes
- Cold, flu, earaches, sore throat and fever
- Cuts and scrapes that may need stitches
- Sprains, strains and simple bone and joint injuries
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs) and sexually transmitted infections (STIs)