Our Physical Therapy Services Include
- Functional Mobility Retraining: Our skilled physical therapists teach you proper and safe functional mobility with an emphasis on minimizing the risks of falls and re-injury. Walking on all surfaces and climbing stairs, rising to stand off all surfaces, and other everyday activities are taught in inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Neurological Rehabilitation: Our experienced clinicians evaluate and develop a treatment plan to meet your individual needs and goals. Our specially trained physical therapists treat an array of disabilities and impairments, including stroke, Parkinson’s, head and spinal cord injury, spinal surgeries, multiple sclerosis, and Guillan-Barre.
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation: Experienced physical therapists evaluate and treat all types of orthopedic conditions and surgeries. They focus on intense training of proper mobility and exercises to restore normal range of motion, strength, and mobility following an orthopedic surgery or other condition. Our physical therapists play a key role in Good Sam’s Silicon Valley Joint Replacement Center, a center of excellence for total joint replacement.
- Wound Care: In conjunction with Good Sam’s Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine Center, our physical therapists have special expertise to create clean, optimal wound healing environments while identifying and eliminating complicating factors that delay wound healing.
- Phase I Cardiac Program: Good Samaritan’s physical therapists help ensure a successful recovery following open-heart surgery by training you in the crucial postoperative exercises. In Phase I Cardiac Rehab, you will be well-prepared for transition to achieving an independent full recovery and develop an active lifestyle.
- Amputee Program: Our physical therapists are experts in prosthetic retraining for amputees. They work closely with your doctor and prosthetist to ensure a proper fitting and functioning prosthesis for normal standing and walking. They will retrain you for an optimal gait pattern for all conditions and surfaces.
For more information about all of Good Samaritan’s rehabilitation services, call (408) 559-2377.