Effective: January 13, 2017 7:00 am
To reduce the risk of influenza to our patients, visitors and staff, please no visitors under age 16.
The reason for this is because children are at greater risk for complications of certain respiratory infections, especially influenza, and are more likely to represent a health risk to patients. This will continue as long as necessary during the influenza season.
We also require that all individuals visiting patients comply with the guidelines below.
- Only visit if necessary. Do not visit other areas of the hospital.
- Leave the hospital campus immediately after visiting
- Do not visit if you are exhibiting any flu-like symptoms (cough, fever, runny nose, sore throat, muscle or body aches)
- Period of contagiousness: 1 day before symptoms develop and up to 7 days after becoming sick
- Cleanse your hands frequently
- Children under the age of 16 may not visit. Do not leave children unattended anywhere in the hospital.
We require you to take these precautions as it is likely you have been, or will be, exposed to the flu. Following these guidelines will help limit your exposure and the exposure of others.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION