Mission & Values
- Mission & Values
The mission and vision of Good Samaritan Hospital is: "Health care services are one of the basic necessities of humankind. We are committed to creating an institution that brings competent, compassionate care and comfort to the total person mind, body and spirit. Therefore, we strive for excellence in the delivery of high quality, cost-effective health care to the communities we serve."
In pursuit of our mission, we believe the following value statements are essential and timeless:
- We recognize and affirm the unique and intrinsic worth of each individual in our organization.
- We treat all those we serve with compassion, kindness and respect.
- We act with absolute honesty, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and live our lives.
- We value one another as members of our health care team and pledge to treat one another with loyalty, respect and dignity.
- We will demand excellence in medicine through continuing education, state-of-the-art equipment and facilities and fair compensation.
The mission is shared with Good Samaritan Hospital employees, volunteers and physicians. It is prominently posted throughout the hospital and is visible to patients and visitors. Planning, decisions and actions are compared to the mission to assure that objectives and projects in the organization are consistent with the mission.